Friday, November 12, 2010

read beyond the story, read between the lines

Opportunity dances with those on the dance floor. -- Anonymous

how to dance? when i'm constantly feeling the paranoia of not being able to dance as good as the others? the worry of my heels breaking, my skirt tearing, my dance moves going haywire and that the crush of my life will find me disgusting. it's like high school prom all over again.

the other problem that adds to the confusion is a mixture of disapproving looks from the teachers, mom choosing my prom dress (*gasp* horror, i know), mom curling my hair to resemble the 70s star and mom doing my make up! dad driving me to the prom while my brother stood guard the entire time. - read: red tapes.. not making the process of making a choice any easier.

yeah, it's easy to say 'take a leap of faith, take the plunge, why not just do it?'. i wish i can.. but deep down i know the answers to all the 'why not'.